This year’s 4th of July festivities in Poultney carries on a decade’s old tradition of parades, fireworks, family friendly performances, food vendors, music and much more. The 2023 Parade theme is ‘Poultney, Then & Now’ and we look forward to seeing what participants come up with! The celebration will be held over two days starting on Saturday, July 1st with the Lake St. Catherine Association’s boat parade, fireworks and events at the Poultney Elementary School grounds and continuing Tuesday, July 4th with the Poultney Parade, a Main Street magic show, and the EnerJazz Big Band performance on the Bhakta campus.
More information on the events is below:
Saturday, July 1st
- 1:00 pm – The Lake St. Catherine Association’s 11th Annual Boat Parade starts in Forest House Bay on Lake St. Catherine
- 3:00 pm – Grounds open to the public at the Poultney Elementary School for Field Events, Food Vendors, and Entertainment. Come visit the Lewis Sugarhouse food truck, K & E Shaved Ice, Butler’s Baked Potatoes, the Poultney High School fundraiser booth, and the Poultney’s Shaw’s Supermarket fundraiser booth with proceeds going to the Boston Children’s Hospital.
- 4:00 pm – Blaine Goad Hocus Pocus Magic Show
- 5:00 pm – No Strings Marionette Company Children & Family Entertainment
- 6:00 pm – Dance Party with DJ John Saltis
- 9:00 pm – Fireworks at Dusk (Rain Date is July 2nd)
Tuesday, July 4th
- 10:00 am – Magic Show with Magician Tom Joyce at the Green at LiHigh School at the Main Street and D&H Rail Trail intersection
- 10:00 am – The Poultney 4th of July Parade kicks off from the East Poultney Green. The parade route runs from East Poultney, down Route 140, along Main Street, and ends at the Poultney Elementary School. Judging of parade entries will take place in East Poultney as the parade lines up. Awards categories include: Best Depiction of the Organization, Most Photographic, Most Patriotic, Best Depiction of the Theme, and Business that Best Depicts the Theme.
- Immediately following the parade – the EnerJazz Big Band will perform on the Bhakta Campus. There will also be food vendors, the Green Mountain Community School lemonade stand, lawn games, and more.
Watch for the for more updates on Poultney Recreation’s new website www.poultneyrecreation.com, keep up to date with local events at the Poultney Area Chamber of Commerce’s website (www.poultneyareachamber.com), and learn more about the Lake St. Catherine Association online at www.lakestcatherine.org.
We hope to see you in Poultney for Independence Day!